Salary:52.468,00 - 56.420,00
New York University Grossman School of MedicineIt is one of the best medical schools in the country. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part ofLangone Health from New York University, Grossman School of Medicine is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity and inclusion are core values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge.For more information accessmed.nyu.eduand interact with us atLinkedIn,Glass door,In fact,Facebook,GoremiInstagram.
We have an excellent opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group Physician Assistant.
In this role, the selected candidate, Physician Assistant, is responsible for assisting physicians and/or advanced care professionals and nurses in providing patient care. This role is responsible for validating patient IDs, preparing patients and rooms for exams, measuring and recording vital signs, drawing blood, and collecting other laboratory samples. The medical assistant is also responsible for administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, and performing data entry.
* Accompany patients to exam rooms
* Clean and store exam rooms
* Measures and records the patient's vital signs
* Obtains and processes blood samples per NYULH policy
* Support quality initiatives by following FGP guidelines for collecting and documenting information on the EMR
* Promotes a positive patient experience
* Communicates effectively with vendors and administrative staff, escalates issues
*Answers phone calls
* Scan and respond to inbox messages
* Track Rx recharge requests
* Assist physician in patient admission and transcription of EPIC visit
* Perform other functions when necessary
Clinical and Administrative Responsibilities
* Complete required intake, which includes obtaining patient vital signs and other tests within defined scope of practice, as needed.
* Follow guidelines for validating patient records when accessing and updating information, including patient name and date of birth.
* Helps maintain the flow of patients to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Helps track patients and samples throughout the facility.
* Ensures exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned to infection control standards after each patient.
* Communicates the functionality and purpose of MyChart to patients during admission
* Ensures that the appropriate translation services or equipment are available prior to the start of the visit
* Assist with specimen/blood collection and ensure proper handling and processing of patient specimens in accordance with organization policy and procedure.
* Performs point-of-care tests such as: EKG, glucose test and pregnancy test, urinalysis, following organization policy and procedure and with documentation of any required competencies on site.
* Arranges for the appropriate patient encounter, ensuring that all information relevant to the visit is up-to-date, including blood tests, radiological images, medications and previous medical history.
* Analyze and import any "Preparation for your visit", "External information" and patient history before the meeting with the provider
* Works with clinical staff to ensure equipment-related log books, specimen collection, and other clinical safety measures are followed in accordance with FGP standards.
* Supports best practice workflows for MIPS, updating medical records with vital signs and patient histories (immunizations, medical and surgical). It may also be necessary to scan and/or upload diagnostic reports based on their description and link them to the associated order in Epic.
* Maintains patient privacy as it pertains to HIPPA standards.
* Handles appropriate patient calls and documents the outcome of all patient communications as necessary. Refers all clinical questions/concerns to RN/provider.
* Helps manage inbox messages, including necessary tasks related to patient medical advice requests in accordance with best practices.
* Use EPIC functionality to review and update patient records, as well as maintain communication with colleagues and supervisors related to patient care
* Assist physicians with specialized procedures and/or settings when needed
* Stock examination/treatment rooms and/or supply closets with medical supplies, linens, and medical equipment as needed. Communicates effectively when supplies need to be replenished.
* Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use, following organization policy and guidelines and with required competency documentation in place.
* Supports FGP's clinical quality management by facilitating proper documentation and maintenance of clinical supplies and equipment.
* Review appropriate downtime procedures as it pertains to the patient visit
* Complete annual competitions such as Fire Safety, Hazardous Waste, Medsled, HIPPA Compliance, etc.
* Partnerships with administrative and clinical staff to complete prior authorizations, medication refills, and referrals related to the continuity of patient care.
* Helps request prescription refills by locating the requested prescription in the EMR, identifying the patient's last appointment, and directing the RN, LPN, or provider to screen, set up, and/or process the refill
* Accompany physician to examination room and transcribe history, including current illness history, past medical and surgical history, family and social history, medications and allergies, physical examination, laboratory tests, and X-rays as dictated by the physician, and accurately document the physician knowing the patient.
* List all appropriate diagnoses and symptoms, as well as any follow-up instructions and prescriptions issued by the physician.
* Documents patient requests, including lab tests, radiology, medications, etc.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Patient experience and access
* Drives consistency in all patient and colleague encounters by incorporating core tenets of our FGP CARES service strategy (connect, align, respond, secure, and approve)
* Greet patients warmly and professionally, stating their name and role, and clearly communicate each step of care/interaction as appropriate
* Work collaboratively with colleagues and site management to ensure a positive experience and timely resolution of all patient interactions and concerns, whether in person, over the phone, or via email.
* Proactively anticipates patient needs and participates in service recovery by applying the LEARN (Listen, Empathize, Apologize, Resolve, Notify) model and advances to leadership as appropriate.
* Share ideas or any identified areas of opportunity to improve the patient experience and access, with the right leadership. (ie ways to optimize vendor schedules, minimize delays, increase employee engagement, etc.)
* Partner with team members from the Patient Access Center and Central Billing Office to support collaboration and promote a positive patient experience.
* Takes a proactive approach to ensure the hands-on team is fully conversant with the gold standard principles of the Access Agreement.
To qualify, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Complete a Physician Assistant program from an accredited institution OR, at time of hire, have current Physician Assistant certification from a nationally recognized accredited institution (such as the American Association of Physician Assistants (AAMA); American Medical Technologies (AMT ); National Center for Proficiency Test (NCCT; NHA) Skills: Working knowledge of English is evident in speaking, reading and writing skills; another language an asset; demonstrated ability in computer literacy. Ability to efficiently complete multiple tasks and thrive in a team-based environment that seeks a positive patient care experience.
MA experience preferred. electrocardiogram
Qualified candidates must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine offers its employees much more than just a place to work. Instead, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution you will feel good about dedicating your time and talent to.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All eligible individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military status and veteran, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other factor that cannot legally be used as the basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you would like to view the EEO policies of the NYU Grossman School of Medicine, pleaseClick here. PleaseClick hereto view the federal 'EEO is the law' sign or visithttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htmFor more information.
NYU Langone Health offers a salary range to comply with the New York City Job Posting Transparency Act. The salary range for the role is $52,468.00 to $56,420.00 annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate shown does not include bonus/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Payment Transparency Notice, pleaseClick here
please see above
Create a job alert for similar jobs
AboutNew York University Langone Medical Center
A world-class, patient-focused integrated academic medical center, NYU Langone is one of the nation's top destinations for excellence in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is comprised of Tisch Hospital, our intensive care unit; NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, an inpatient orthopedic hospital; Hassenfeld Children's Hospital at NYU Langone, a comprehensive children's hospital supporting a full range of health services for children; Rusk Rehabilitation, the #1 rehabilitation program in New York from US News & World Report began its ranking of hospitals in 1989; and a growing network of ambulatory care with locations in Manhattan, the suburbs and the Tri-State area, delivering services directly to where its patients live and work. An integral part of NYU Langone, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people....ople since 1841. With more than 75 divisions of specialty care, including comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs for all stages of life, a multifaceted academic and research center, and the NYU Long Island School of Medicine with a focus in primary care. NYU Langone Hospital - Long Island joined NYU Langone Health in August 2019. NYU Langone's triple mission of serving, teaching and discovering is accomplished 365 days a year.
More jobs from this employer